Minister of Health Bounkong Sihavong told a press conference in Vientiane Capital on Monday that no novel coronavirus cases had been reported in the Lao PDR.
At the moment, in the Lao PDR, we are yet to found any infection cases of novel coronavirus which origins in Wuhan, Hubei province of China like what circulated on social media. That is just a suspected case. Recently, some people from the city hit by the disease traveled to Laos. After being observed with high health standards applied by relevant officials, we could confirm that there is no infection in Laos, said Minister Bounkong.
Now, the Ministry of Health in cooperation with relevant authorities is monitoring the situation closely with coordination points established, immigration inquiry mechanisms put in place at international border checkpoints and international airports, he said.
The ministry currently operates 24 hours a day a hotline 166 for general public members who have any inquiries or want to share information about novel corona virus � 2019 N-Cov. General public members are advised to observe preventive measures including avoiding traveling to areas hit by the disease or crowded areas, wearing masks, avoiding contacting with people who are sick, cough or have a sore throat, and contacting live or dead animals, especially wildlife.
Chinese health authorities announced Tuesday that 4,515 confirmed cases of pneumonia caused by the novel coronavirus had been reported in 30 provincial-level regions by the end of Monday, and a total of 106 people died of the disease, according to Xinhua.
Source: Lao News Agency